Where Did Katherine Go?

Brian

Katherine and I sat down on the floor, watching as Kaleb went toe to toe with one of the recruits. Kaleb was doing a fine job of dodging but he wasn't doing much of swinging and the whole point of the training was to make them as great as us. Katherine seemed lost at the moment.

"How was your talk with Maggie?" I asked her.

"What?"

"Last night. You left to talk to Maggie."

Katherine paused. "Good. Really good. I told her she needs to represent the Brits."

Kaleb was knocked off of his feet, his head hitting the floor. He groaned. Everyone in the room stopped. Dom and Letty were giving tips on cars to Maggie and the German girl. Tej's course would come later on. Right now, the big guy was smiling in victory. We call him Thanos because he's huge and a dick.

"I took down a Howard!" He laughed.

Katherine and I walked over to help Kaleb. He held his head.

"I work better shit faced." Kaleb told us.

"You just have to get used to being sober." I told him. "Feel dizzy?"

"No. I'm fine."

"Howard's. All talk." Thanos shook his head.

Katherine lifted her chin. "Take me on."

"Katherine." I sighed.

"No. Howard's are all talk, huh? See, my brother is in a bit of a rough patch at the moment and I'm...I'm not. So take on a Howard that is sharp."

"Okay." Thanos shrugged.

I grabbed Katherine's arm because she took a step towards him.

"Don't do this. They are still new. Don't make them fear you." I whispered to her.

She snatched away from me. "He is not going to knock my brother down and act as if he's fucking Bruce Lee. It's my job to train."

"It's your job to lead." I took her arm again.

"Get your mother fucking hands off of me." Katherine growled. "I'll go easy."

I rolled my eyes and let her go. Dom came over to me.

"Thanos fucked with Kaleb." Dom said to me. "This is not going to end well."

"I know." I replied.

Katherine and Thanos began to go at it and Katherine straight did the opposite of easy. She hit him in the face and he stumbled back, shocked. His nose started bleeding. Katherine kicked him in the knee, causing him to fall on the floor. She got on top of him and began throwing jabs left and right. I ran over and grabbed her.

"NO ONE FUCKS WITH KALEB!" She shouted at Thanos who was on the floor, holding his bloody face.

Dom walked over to him and helped him up. I took Katherine out of the room.

"Hey. What is going on with you? Why are you so angry?"

"Brian, I'm always angry."

"Go outside, walk it off and come back with a clear head. You aren't fighting anyone else."

"I'm sorry. Who's the boss here?"

"I don't give a damn if you're the boss. You're acting like a fool."

Katherine was about to say something and then Maggie came out of the room. Katherine sighed and walked away.

"Is she always so brutal?" Maggie asked me.

"No. She just has her moments. Listen, about the talk you had with Katherine last night, don't let her push you. Sometimes this life doesn't work for certain people and that's okay."

"Katherine and I didn't talk last night." Maggie frowned.

"What?"

"I went to bed at ten and woke up at five to go for a run." Maggie pushed her hair over her shoulder.

She went back into the room and I stood there, confused. Where the fuck did Katherine go?

-

Chicken Soup 🍜