Its Always Bittersweet Between Bratherine

Katherine

"You had me scared, you fucking prick." I told Kaleb as I sat beside his bed.

"Why, love?" He frowned.

"For starters, you were basically dead." I nodded. "I had to kick Letty's ass. Brian drugged me, Rome is a twit and oh yeah, I tried to kill Nobody."

"Jesus." He whispered. "You love me that much? You missed your Strawberry Jam?"

"Sure did." I giggled.

Kaleb motioned for me to bring my ear closer to him. I do so.

"Brian, has been looking at you as if he wants to hold you. So you are going to go home...don't argue with me...and you are going to let that man hold you. Whatever happened when I was out, work that shit out. There's nothing like Bratherine."

"Who the fuck?" I frowned.

"It's your ship name, stupid. Brian and Katherine combined. Bratherine."

"What about Krian?"

"Ew what? No. Shut up. Point is, Bratherine gives me life. So please work this shit out. Please."

"Okay, jeez." I straightened. "You sure you're going to be okay?"

"I'll make the team stay with me and plus the doctor should be here any minute now." Kaleb nodded slowly before wincing. "Thank you for waking me, love."

"Of course. I love you Kaleb." I pushed his hair back.

"I love you, too." He replied with a small smile.

"All righty, I'm going home." I announced. "Team stay here with him please and call me with any updates please. And I mean any. Like if he sneezes too hard, let me know."

"Got it." Letty nodded.

I walked over to Brian who's been writhing in his own guilt for practically the whole day. Good. The things he said to me...in that moment...was totally fucked up. And I will express that to him without kicking him in the temple.

"Take me home?" I asked him quietly.

He nodded. I gave Kaleb a kiss on the cheek before exiting the hospital with Brian. He was silent the whole way home. I really need a shower and to wash my hair. As soon as we get home, I do so. I'm in the shower for about two hours before getting out and wrapping my hair in a towel and putting on my robe. I walk downstairs, Brian is sitting in the living.

"Gonna talk about it or what?" I asked.

"Yeah." Brian sighed.

"Okay. What the fuck was that?" I frowned.

"What happened to Kaleb wasn't any of the teams fault. It wasn't Nobody's fault." Brian told me. "You tried to kill Nobody then kicked Letty's ass. That's not fair. Take it up with the team who hurt Kaleb." Brian told me.

"That still gave you no excuse to tell me I abandoned my brother...to say I was only this worried about him because he was in a coma." I gasped. "Who the fuck says that to a person, Brian?"

He stayed quiet.

"Anyone else in that room would've said it and I would've killed them with no hesitation. You're lucky you are alive." I informed him. I stand. "I am your wife now, Brian. We are certified in fine print. But I won't be treated that way ever again like how the others treated me. They say I have a bad temper but you're turning on to a dark side pretty quick. Better straighten that shit up. I will leave this marriage in a heartbeat if I ever feel the way I did in that hospital room again."

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to get dressed and then terminate the team that harmed my brother." I told him. "Don't wait up."