𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. kicks like a soccer player

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE: KICKS LIKE A SOCCER PLAYER !

9x02

━━━━━━

TO KEEP A LONG STORY SHORT, THE CASE WAS EVENTUALLY SOLVED. They had leaned about Jesse Gentry, who is Wallace's twin brother and was given up for adoption when he was a child. The team knew that Jesse is involved in the case in some manner as his reappearance after all these years cannot be coincidental.

       They also learn that Carla Hines, who is Wallace and Jesse's mother is not as innocent as she first appeared. After a interrogation hosted by Hotch and Casey, they had read into her lies and her mere sensation on wanting to be the perfect mother.

       In their search for Wallace and going through her house, they find that she tried to burn evidence, which they determine had to do with the twins' biological father, whose identity Carla has never divulged.

        In the end, Carla wanted to have Jesse kill Wallace and in the end, Jesse was the one who ended up dead and both Carla and Wallace were arrested.

        This case was a crazy one and it now was an requirement to get Casey off her feet. Spencer had been more worried about Casey's health decisions more than ever. And the one thing he was worried about more than ever was her getting the rest she needed.

He had tried multiple times to get her to sleep on the couch on the jet but Casey refused. She was comfortable with sitting on a chair and that was all she needed. She'd get more rest when they got home.

"Are you sure you don't want the couch?" Spencer asked for what seemed to be the billionth time. "Spence, I'm fine, seriously." Casey assured. JJ and Blake had been seated in front of the two and Morgan had was seated near them as well and they all watched the scene unfold.

         "You and the baby need rest." Spencer told. "I'm aware, but the baby will be sleeping half the time when it's out of me anyways. The baby sleeps enough in my womb." Casey tells.

"Indeed, throughout much of the pregnancy, the baby sleeps 90 to 95% of the day." Spence informs and then looks at JJ and Blake. "Really?" JJ asks. "Totally, some of these hours are spent in deep sleep, some in REM sleep, and some in an indeterminate state— a result of their immature brain. After around 18 weeks, babies like to sleep in the womb while their mother is awake, since movement can rock them to sleep. They can feel pain at 22 weeks, and at 26 weeks they can move in response to a hand being rubbed on the mother's belly."

The baby started kicking as soon as Spencer began to talk. "Spence... Spence..." Casey immediately grabs Spencer's hand and places it on her stomach but once he's finished talking, the baby stopped kicking.

"The baby was kicking," Casey told and then nodded: "Keep talking."

"Uh-uh..." Even with the eidetic memory, Spencer didn't know what to talk about in this moment. "Uh... what do babies do in the womb when moms sleep?" Blake asked, helping Spencer out.

Spencer looks towards Casey's stomach and then begins to talk. "Babies are likely to move around 50 times or more in an hour." Spencer's face was written with joy as the baby began to kick. "These movements don't necessarily mean that they're awake though — they move during both sleeping and waking cycles. The structure of the middle ear develops in the second trimester!"

"The baby's kicking. My baby's kicking!" Spencer cheered and Casey smiled cheekily at her boyfriend's face as his child kicked for him. "Hi, baby!" Casey looks at her coworkers faces as well. "Welcome to my world." Casey laughed.

JJ and Blake were smiling adorably at the two. Morgan even did a small smile for the two as he watched from the side. JJ had even managed to take a picture of the moment in front of her.

"Wow, kicks like a soccer player!" Spencer told as he clasps both hands on Casey's stomach.

As you could probably expect, the entire jet ride home, Spencer had talked to his baby about non-stop facts and the baby had kicked the whole time. Casey even had to tell him to stop because the baby kept kicking and kicking.

okay i got lazy lol and ik it's short but y'all deserved a cutesy moment so here ya go question : what do you guys think spencer and casey are having???💙 or 💓?i already know what they're having and i'm not gonna change my mind lol and i'm excite...

okay i got lazy lol
and ik it's short
but y'all deserved a cutesy moment so here ya go
question : what do you guys think spencer and casey are having???
💙 or 💓?
i already know what they're having and i'm not gonna change my mind lol and i'm excited for it
-mya <333