𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. ptsd

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR: PTSD !

9x03

━━━━━━

       WHEN CASEY WILLOWS RECEIVED INFORMATION ON THE NEW CASE THEY WERE TAKING, SHE IMMEDIATELY RUSHED TO THE BATHROOM. After spewing chunks of her breakfast, which consisted of granola, she faced the mirror in the bathroom and took a deep breath.

         Casey had then exited the bathroom and went over to her desk to grab her go-bag. Spencer had gone up to the mother-to-be and saw that she looked a little anxious. "You okay?" He asked, expressing concern.

         The girl didn't wanna worry him so she placed a fake smile on her face and nodded, "I'm okay. Just morning sickness." She half-lied. Truth be told, she was unsure if her puking had been part of morning sickness or the butterflies in her stomach or maybe both.

         "Let's get going." As the team continued to talk about the case, Casey was wrapped up in her own head, not speaking on the case.

The case had involved a sniper killing six people at random in Dallas, Texas. Where coincidentally, JFK was assassinated and they were coming up on the 50th anniversary of when it happened. It had all immediately reminded of Casey of what happened to her the last time she was in Texas.

        Five years ago, they had gone a case similar to this one when Casey had been an intern for the BAU. She was just a bystander and ended up being shot in her stomach. She had to undergo surgery and was unable to go to the BAU for two weeks due to her injury. She was beginning to relive her own anniversary of being shot. Five years since that day. It was still scarring to have handled something like that being as young as she was. She wasn't even an official part of the BAU at that time.

         And now that Casey was pregnant, her worry increased by ten times of her normal amount of worry. For the baby she knew she couldn't be stressed but in this instance, she couldn't help it. Her anxiety was getting the best of her.

        The entire jet ride to Texas no one seemed to point out Casey's anxiousness or the fact that she hadn't been saying a word the entire time. The team was split up and Casey was with Rossi and Hotch (due to her being pregnant).

Being in a PD reminded her of her of the past - mostly because this had been the same PD where the incident occurred. Casey was preoccupied in her minds with the memories flooding when Rossi suddenly spoke and interrupted her thoughts.

"You okay, kiddo?" Rossi asked in curiousness and Casey snapped out of her dream-like state. "I'm almost twenty six and pregnant, Rossi. When are the 'kiddo' comments gonna stop?" She joked, trying to find her sense of humor which she felt like she'd been lacking in recently.