𝒄𝒊. accusations, accusations

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-ONE: ACCUSATIONS, ACCUSATIONS !

12x17

━━━━━━

SINCE LUKE HAD SHOWED UP AT THE HOUSE THE OTHER NIGHT, HE WAS MAKING CONSISTENT APPEARANCES MORE OFTEN. And every time, he brought Roxy. Over time, Chris seemed more distracted with Roxy and Casey was distracted with Luke. As a friend, of course. He was there for support, she knew that.

          Over the course of a week, Casey felt more lively with Luke around. He was helping her and Chris with all of this. And she was so appreciative of it. Now, here she was, joining the team for a case. She thought about it carefully but she was sure she wanted to come back for at least a case. She felt a bit useless just sitting around doing nothing. And although, the stress wasn't great for her body and for the child she was currently bearing but right now, it felt good coming to work and to not be worried about anything. And the team didn't know. Maybe that was for the best.

When Casey arrived at work, something didn't feel right. And she was brought back to the day she found out Spencer was arrested. The pit in her stomach grew and she felt like puking. At first, she assumed it was morning sickness but it felt weirder than that.

"Casey?" The woman looked up at Emily and her heart dropped. Emily nudged her head towards her office.

        The first thing Casey assumed walking up the steps was that Spencer was dead. He died in the middle of the night. She hated that her mind immediately went there. But could you blame her for thinking that way? She imagined the worst news yet.

         As soon as she entered Emily's office, she was met with an upset Garcia and Luke, who was comforting her. Casey immediately turned to Emily and her heart dropped again and she didn't want to ask this question but she knew she had to. "Oh, my God. Is he dead?" She questioned and Emily shook her head. "No, no, no. He's not." Casey take a sigh of relief.

Casey furrowed her brows and then wondered why she was in here then. And why the pit in her stomach hadn't gone away.

Emily sighed and looked towards Garcia. "Penelope went to visit Reid yesterday." Garcia then looked at Casey. "He was bruised up." She stated. Casey furrowed her brows. "Someone beat him up?" Casey questioned.

          She was relieved he wasn't dead, but the fact that he was hurt made her worry. "He's losing hope." Luke stated. "We have to get him into protective custody. I don't give a damn about what any judge says. He needs protection in there. I'll go down there myself and beg the warden if I have to." Casey stated.