𝒄𝒊𝒊𝒊. familiarity

CHAPTER ONE-HUNDRED-THREE: FAMILIARITY !

12x20

━━━━━━

IT HAD BEEN A WEEK OR SO SINCE WHAT HAPPENED TO CASEY. She decided not to come back for at least a few more weeks until she felt ready to face her team again. No one knew about the miscarriage, not even her siblings. The only person Casey and knew and trusted was JJ.

Casey had decided to sleep in today over at her sister's place. She was currently in her room, sleeping the day away, sprawled across the bed. By the time Casey got up, it was already one o'clock in the afternoon. Guess she really needed that sleep.

She stirred awake and checked her phone for any news on Spencer. Nothing so far. Only a few missed calls from Emily and text from her saying to call her when she could.

Anything with Spencer was the last thing she needed right now. Casey had gotten up from the bed and headed downstairs to the kitchen. There, she was greeted with her sister, pouring some coffee and her son at the kitchen table eating breakfast.

"Morning," Leah spoke. "Or should I say, afternoon?" Leah handed Casey the cup of coffee, since she knew it was always what she needed when she got up. "Thanks for letting me sleep in." Casey told. "You needed it, sis. It's no problem. I didn't mind taking care of Chris this morning. He was practically begging for bacon. That's cool, right?" Leah asked.

Casey looked up and nodded, "Yeah, totally fine. What's he having now?" She asked, looking towards his plate. "A sandwich. It's the best I could do for lunch." Leah told. Casey walked towards her son. "Hey, bud." She ruffles his hair and sits next to him.

Casey looks up at her sister as she takes another sip of her coffee. "You got work today?" Casey asks. "Yeah, closing shift. 4 to 10." Leah sighed. Casey nods and then looks towards the living room.

The woman furrows her brows as she notices boxes piled near the hallway. And then some boxes over in the kitchen and some right next to her. All marked with Leah's name on them. "Why are there boxes everywhere?" Casey questioned.

Leah sighed, knowing this conversation was gonna come soon. "I'm moving back to Roanoke." She tells. Casey raises her brows and can't believe she hadn't heard this before. "You're moving? Why?"

"Well, this house is getting pretty old and there are just too many memories here for me and for Isaac. Plus, can't afford it anymore. They're only give me part-time shifts at the diner now." Leah explains.