𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. gone girl

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN: GONE GIRL !

9x14

━━━━━━

        "OH, COME ON, HE'S SO INTO HER!" Casey told her fiancé as she changes her son's diaper on the changing table in the nursery. "I'm not saying there's not something between them, I'm saying neither of them are reciprocating their very obvious feelings towards one another because of their work." Spencer establishes, cleaning the nursery up a bit.

        "Besides, Hotch and Beth's breakup is still very recent and Vivian hasn't been with anyone since her husband died. It could be too soon for both of them."

         Casey turns towards her fiancé for a split second before turning back to her son. "I agree, but Hotch and Vivian need to just stop being... so difficult and just go on a date." Christopher babbles a bit and Casey makes a face towards the baby. "You agree with Mommy, right? Right?" She tickles her smiling son.

          "Hey, check it out," Casey calls her husband over. "He's got that same little dopey smile you have." She chuckles and this causes Spencer to break out with that same dopey smile.

         "I'm just saying: it's so obvious. Hotch is into Vivian and Vivian is into Hotch. I mean, that could only explain why she stayed after we got back from maternal and paternal leave." Casey explained as she put her baby's onesie back on and placed him inside his crib.

Both Spencer and Casey look down at their self-occupied baby. "You really think so?" Spencer asked. "Spence, trust me, it took us years to get together. I know what mutual pining looks like. I'm trying to make sure that doesn't happen to them." Suddenly, Casey's cell phone started ringing in her pocket. She checks the Caller ID and to her surprise — "It's Will."

Spencer furrows his brows. "Why's he calling?" He asks. "I don't know." Casey shrugs and then motions towards Christopher. "You got him?" Spencer nods as he starts to tuck in his son. "Yeah."

Casey answers her cell phone as she walks out of the nursery. "Hey, Will. What's up?" She asks. "Hey, Casey. Is JJ over at your apartment by any chance?" Will asks and Casey furrows her brows. "Uh, no. Why? Is she not home?"

"No, she's been gone for hours. I'm getting real worried. I keep trying her cell but it keeps going to voicemail." Casey is confused, that was not like JJ. "I think she's in trouble." Will tells.

Immediately, in the pit of her stomach, Casey felt that something was wrong. JJ always called, JJ was always careful. It wasn't like her to be gone and not tell anyone about where she was. "Okay, uh, call Hotch, tell him everything you just told me. We'll meet you at the BAU." Casey hangs up and she looks towards Spencer, standing at the doorway.