𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗. the caller

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE: THE CALLER !

9x10

━━━━━━

         AS USUAL, THE TEAM GOT CALLED IN FOR ANOTHER CASE. Garcia had now been telling them what the case consisted of. "We just got a call from St. Louis. A missing child, a 10-year-old, Andrew Taffert. Parents Lida and Malcolm.
Father found blood on the front door this morning." Garcia stated.

       "I take it no test results on the blood yet." Morgan guessed. "No. That would be correct." Garcia answered. "No signs of forced entry or a struggle according to the initial police report." JJ told. "Mom and Dad put him to bed at 10:00, woke up this morning, he was gone." Garcia told.

       "Any visitors or workers at the house recently?" Casey questioned. "No, but the parents say in the last two weeks they've received 5 phone calls from what sounds like a little boy prank calling them." Garcia stated. "They complained to authorities, but police determined that no laws had been broken." Hotch added. 

        "Mm-hmm. The little boy says, 'I'm gonna get you.' According the police reports, there's a lot of crazy people talking in the background. It sounds like it's coming from an asylum or a prison." Garcia explained.

          "Stalker?" Casey asked. "We've run checks through the family. They're as close as they could be. If there's a stalker, they wouldn't know they had one." Vivian tells.

        "I'd say the calls might be coincidental except the boy called again right after the parents found Andy missing, and he had a different message this time. 'Did you see what I did?'" Morgan told, making his coworkers question. "So he's taunting them." JJ told. "Maybe it's about revenge." Casey told.

        "'I'm gonna get you' is typically a threat, but in the case of children, it can also be a phrase used during play." Blake told.

        Casey looks over at her fiancé, who hasn't said anything about the case and sees that he's muttering to himself. "You okay, babe?" Casey asks, getting the attention of the rest of their coworkers. "Yes, this just sounds similar to a cold case from 15 years ago, Frankie Clayvin of Memphis." Spencer answered.

        "Frankie Clayvin," Casey says to herself. "Why does that name sound familiar?"
          "That's because Gideon handled it," Rossi tells. "It obviously it predates all of you."

        "Frankie Clayvin was 9 years old at the time. He never made it home from school one day. He was found dead in the woods thirty-six hours later 5 miles from his house." Spencer explained to the team. "And Frankie's parents also received prank phone calls from a young boy. I think Frankie's father was the prime suspect at one point." Rossi tells, connecting it to the cases.