𝒍𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒙. high school bullies & half-assed arguments

CHAPTER EIGHTY-NINE: HIGH SCHOOL BULLIES & HALF-ASSED ARGUMENTS !

12x05

━━━━━━

THE TEAM WAS CALLED IN FOR ANOTHER CASE AND THEY WERE LUCKY THEY WERE ALL ALREADY IN THE OFFICE TO PREPARE. Spencer and Casey took their spots next to each other with the rest of the team once Garcia had walked in to present the case.

      "The Bergstrom family was killed in their home in Winona, Minnesota, last night. Mother, Father, and little boy, all shot execution style." Garcia informed. "Any suspects?" JJ asked.

      "Therein lies the mystery. The Bergstrom family was as low-risk as they come." Garcia told. "What about murder-suicide?" Spencer asked next.

     "That was ruled out," Emily told. "There was no murder weapon found at the scene, and both Bridget and Scott Bergstrom were shot in their bed."

     "But there was a survivor," Rossi reveals. "A teenage daughter."

     Garcia nods, zooming in on the daughter's face in the photo. "Seventeen-year-old, Amanda. She was out past her curfew at the time of the murders." Casey concludes, "And she's the one that found the bodies." Garcia nods.

     "It almost seems like a hit man scenario." Spencer tells.
"Maybe a mafia retaliation kill? But that doesn't seem likely in Winona, Minnesota." Luke points out. "But it does seem like a revenge killing." Emily adds.

     "If the unsub expected to wipe out the entire family, he screwed up by leaving Amanda alive." Casey stated.
"Unless she had something to do with it." Spencer suggests but Garcia shakes her head. "That's a question mark, but according to the M.E.'s preliminary report, she can't be the shooter, based on alibi and time of deaths."

      "On the surface, they were a well-liked family, living a low-risk lifestyle." Rossi told. "The daughter, Amanda, where is she?" Spencer asks. "Protective custody, in case the unsub sees her as unfinished business." Garcia informs.

      Rossi looks around the room. "We good?" He asks and everyone in the room nods. "We fly." He decides.

     Everyone heads on the jet soon enough, debriefing over the case with Garcia on the monitor before them. "Bridget and Scott Bergstrom grew up in Winona and have deep ties to the community." Rossi started.

     "Scott was a local distributor of farm equipment. Bridget cut hair at a salon in the mall." JJ informed. "Yet they were murdered by a family annihilator." Emily points out.