Chapter 15

As promised, Vinny visited Oliver every hour. Each time he came, they talked for five minutes before Oliver went back to work. They didn't hold each other's hand again but they did stay close. They didn't want to express their affection when the halls were getting busier throughout the day.

Oliver only had forty-five minutes until the restaurant closed so he was taking last orders.

"You're gay?" A woman asked as he waited to take her order. He blinked at such a forward question but surprisingly, he has been asked that quite a lot today.

"Yes," He said politely before asking if they would like any drinks.

"So, that would mean the Master is gay too, right?" The woman asked. She looked Oliver up and down and he could see the judgement in her eyes.

"Uh, I'm not sure he likes to put a label on it," Oliver smiled before asking again if they were ready to order food.

"My daughter came to the event last night. I thought she was perfect for him but he was really rude to her. Why were all those eighteen-year-old girls invited when he's not even attracted to them?"

Oliver couldn't be bothered explaining for the hundredth time today that Vinny was into girls and he was more surprised than anyone to have him as his soulmate.

"I'm glad they weren't soulmates actually, she deserves better than him anyway." Her husband crossed his arms with a smug expression. Oliver felt quite offended by that comment. Vinny has been nothing but lovely to him all day.

He didn't know what to say. He couldn't argue back with them, they were customers. But surely he shouldn't let people bad mouth Vinny like that? Yes, he doesn't know him very well but he knows that he doesn't deserve comments like that.

"I'm actually glad he got a male soulmate. He doesn't deserve a woman," The man laughed with his wife. Oliver couldn't believe what he just heard. What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"I really don't appreciate you talking about him like that. If you're here to order food then by all means, please order some food. But if you are here to express hurtful opinions, then please leave." Oliver spoke as kindly as he could. He kept his voice down and he didn't say anything nasty to them but he was a little upset.

"Excuse me? You can't talk to us like that." The woman stood up with a frown. People started looking as her voice became louder. "We're only saying the truth. There are plenty of lovely young girls that could be accepted into the Vanderwood family but the Master got you instead. You should be ashamed of yourself."

Gasps were shared among the customers.

Oliver started feeling numb from embarrassment. Is this what everyone thinks? He looked around to see horrified and shocked expressions.

"I'm sorry, I'm not serving you." He took a step back when the guy stood up too.

"This is outrageous, I'm going straight to the newspapers about you!" He shouted and pointed at Oliver.

"Oh, I don't think you are," A Powerful voice boomed across the restaurant. Everyone looked to see Duke making his way towards the chaos. "How dare you come into my restaurant and be rude to my staff." The whole place became quiet. The couple looked shocked. They never see Duke Vanderwood in the restaurant. In fact, it's very rare to see him in person.

A member of staff had heard what the couple were saying to Oliver and spotted the Alpha walking through the kitchen. She didn't hesitate to inform him on what was being said. Duke had heard everything from when the man said that his son didn't deserve a woman. That was enough to make his blood boil.