Chapter 93

Oliver slept on Vinny's shoulder for most of the car journey. They were only in the car for twenty minutes.

"We're here," Jed said as he turned the engine off.

Vinny shook Oliver gently, making him lift his head in confusion.

"Oh we're here" He mumbled before stretching and deliberately putting his arm in Vinny's face.

Vinny just allowed it happen but he could tell that even when Oliver's tired, he is still in a playful mood.

"Oliver please put your layers on," Duke said before opening the car door. The cold hit Oliver like stabbing knives as he reached into the boot and got his coat.

Vinny climbed out of the car and waited for him.

John was finding it really strange that he wasn't feeling the cold in these minus temperatures.

Jed was talking to some bodyguards as Madison glanced over at him.

She has now realised that when they employed him, they didn't get much of a background check and now that they think about it, he did just appear out of the blue when they were looking for bodyguards for Vinny.

"Right, are we all ready?" Duke said as Oliver shut the door behind him.

They were still in the Vanderwood city so any passers by who had noticed them were getting excited.

"Where are we going?" Oliver asked as he yawned and put a hand in Vinny's warm coat pocket.

"Ice skating" Madison smiled as she walked at the other side of Oliver and linked arms with him.

"Are we really?" he chuckled as Vinny also put his hand in his pocket and intertwined their fingers.

"Yes," She smiled. She was also excited, they haven't been ice skating in years.

"I've never been ice skating" Oliver admitted.

"Oh well, I'm sure Vinny can teach you. You'll pick it up in no time" She smiled.

"I think You'll be falling over a lot today," Vinny said whilst glaring at members of the public as they walked through the car park.

"Are you not a good teacher?" Oliver asked as he gently nudged his shoulder.

"No," Vinny said as he gave Oliver a sideways glance and nudged him back.

"It's okay, I'm sure I'll pick it up" He grinned.

They all continued to walk towards the ice rink. Everyone was excited to spend a nice day out and to have fun with each other.

As they approached the doors, members of the public moved out of their way like royalty was in their path.

A lot of them smiled at Oliver and he liked people who were just nice.

It doesn't cost anything to smile.

The staff who worked there stopped and stared, not quite believing who just walked in. Duke ignored them as he walked up to the counter and started speaking to the guy behind it.

Oliver looked out and onto the ice. There were only a few people skating around and he couldn't wait to try it. It was something he has always wanted to do but never got round to doing it.

"Are you warm enough?" Vinny asked. Oliver's hand was still in his pocket.

"Yeah, I'll probably warm up when I'm skating about" He smiled.

"Boys" Madison turned with some ice skates in her hand. "Go get your shoes"

Vinny pulled Oliver over to the counter and exchanged his shoes for some ice skates. Oliver did the same.