Chapter 29

When Oliver, John and Vinny walked over, scarlet had finished hugging her dad.

"Kyran, it's nice to see you again," Duke strongly shook his hand. Kyran is Scarlet's husband, they married and she took his last name. She also moved into his family home which is a tradition for the female to do.

As Scarlet noticed Oliver and John, she expressed a confused frown.

"Why are there humans in our living room?" She was very blunt and looked Oliver up and down.

"You haven't heard the news?" Madison asked.

"What news?"

"Well, this is Oliver," Madison went over and put a hand on his shoulder. "He's Vinny's soulmate." They watched it start to process through her mind.

"What?" Her tone didn't sound too pleased as her gaze moved between her brother and the human in disbelief.

"It's nice to meet you." Oliver nervously held out his hand for her to shake but she ignored it and looked at John. Oliver pulled it back and glanced at Vinny who took his hand. His glare was very cold.

"And who are you?" She asked rudely.

"This is John, Oliver's father," Duke watched Vinny. He wasn't pleased with his daughter's reaction either.

"It's nice to meet you too," John smiled but learnt from Oliver that she wouldn't take his hand, even if he offered it. Duke cleared his throat when Scarlet didn't say anything to him either.

"Are you being serious? Is this really your soulmate? Another male?" She asked with a frown directed at her brother.

"Yes." His voice was stale and expressed not even a single ounce of hesitation. Oliver felt him squeeze his hand.

"They connected a few days ago. And their bond is a strong one." Madison beamed but looked at Kyran. He was also looking at Oliver with judging eyes.

"And you two are accepting... this?" Scarlet asked.

Duke stepped forwards when he watched Vinny clench his jaw.

"Of course, and I suggest you do the same." His voice was stern but calm. Scarlet took one more glance at the humans, standing politely in the dining room before turning and pulling on Kyran's arm.

"Come on, I need to change," She muttered. And with that, they left.

Madison and Duke were shocked. They knew their daughter didn't really like humans and was a bit stubborn and moody like Vinny, but they didn't think she would be so rude to Oliver and John.

"Well, I'm really sorry about that," Duke said as he looked at Oliver, then Madison.

"She'll warm to you I'm sure," She said, but they both knew that wasn't the case.

Vinny turned to Oliver who was chewing the inside of his lip. He felt bad. He didn't want to be the reason that Vinny and his sister didn't get along. But he didn't know their relationship was already somewhat sketchy to begin with.

"Stop it," Vinny sighed and rested a hand on his soulmates shoulder. "You look guilty and you have no reason to be." He was extremely angry. Nobody was allowed to upset his soulmate.

"I don't want to cause any tension between you and your family."

Vinny's chest almost hurt at the thought of him blaming himself.

"Oliver, my relationship with my sister has never been great. If she wants to distance herself, then let her. None of this is your fault." He stepped closer. He didn't care that their parents were still in the room, all he cared about was making him smile.