Chapter 91

John didn't hesitate to storm up to Vinny and Oliver's room after he washed his face. He was in a desperate need to apologise.

Vinny had cleaned his knuckles, they were bruised but he'd get over it.

He followed John down the hall as they approached the room.

When he opened the door, Duke and Madison turned. They were standing at the foot of the bed as Oliver sat casually against the headboard.

Oliver watched his dad walk right up to him, he barely had a chance to process the bruises on his face before he was engulfed into a strong hug.

He was shocked. He didn't think he would be talking to him at all today, let alone giving him a hug.

But he didn't hesitate for too long before wrapping his arms around him too. He couldn't describe how happy he suddenly felt.

Vinny walked over and squeezed in-between his parents. He was feeling very grateful to have them.

He wouldn't hug them or even smile at them but for him to stand really close was enough and he knew it would make them happy.

Duke looked at Vinny's bruised knuckles as Madison linked arms with his.

"Do I want to know?" He asked quietly.

Vinny looked at him and nodded to say yes.

"He can't remember a thing," He said in a hushed tone.

Duke frowned at him.

"The last thing he remembered was being in the hospital just after he had his heart attack. He doesn't remember trying to drink Oliver's blood or even coming home this morning" Vinny said. "He literally just snapped out of it"

Madison watched John for a second.

"That angry side of him, he can't remember any of it?" She asked.

"No, he didn't even know why he was in the gym"

Duke deepened his frown as he also watched John.

"It must have been a side effect, from not getting the blood he wanted" That was the only logical explanation for why he couldn't remember. He must have still been in a different mindset when he woke up. But it was strange, Duke has never heard about that ever happening before.

"Oliver please forgive me," John said as he pulled his head back. "I'm so, so sorry. For everything. For trying to drink your blood, for nearly dying on you and for being horrible to you this morning. I can't believe-"

"Dad" Oliver interrupted as he looked at his bruised face. "I forgive you"

John then pulled him back into another hug, but Oliver let his gaze wander over to Vinny's bruised knuckles.

He didn't know how he felt about the current situation. Clearly, Vinny had hurt him and got him to snap out of his mood, but Oliver didn't like that he had done that.

Vinny could see him looking at his hands and he could feel his mixed emotions.

Yes, they couldn't physically be angry at each other but that doesn't mean they don't have their different opinions.

Oliver then closed his eyes and hugged his dad tighter. Yesterday morning, he never thought he would be able to hug him ever again.

His familiar smell that reminded him of his childhood, home and safety were all he could ask for at this moment.

He was so happy his dad was back to normal.

John rubbed his son's back for a moment longer before pulling away.