Chapter 42

Everyone's jaw hit the ground. Did that seriously come from Desmond? Even Vinny's eyes were wide, filled with instant surprise.

Oliver's skin numbed immediately. He opened his mouth but nothing came out. Desmond, the guy who has made his working life hell, is in love with him. It was struggling to make sense.

"I know it's a shock Oliver, but you have to feel the same." Desmond watched him with pleading eyes. His heart was pounding, he was worried that they could hear it.

"Feel the same?" Oliver breathed when the reality of his words came crashing down. "Desmond, you've been horrible to me."

"Yes but, I was just jealous. You were single and I thought I had a good chance until the Master came along and you just fell in love with him."

Clearly, jealousy is a curse.

"I'm not right for you," Oliver said, shaking his head. "You can find someone else. Someone who will understand you better and someone who is now, not taken." He almost felt sorry for him.

"No, I don't want anyone else."

Everyone listened while Duke kept glancing at Vinny. He could not tell what he was thinking and it was making him a little worried.

"Desmond, how old are you?" Madison asked, stepping into the conversation when her son clenched his jaw.

"I'm twenty-four."

"Okay. Surely being a twenty-four-year-old, you can understand that you clearly don't have a chance with Oliver. He is bonded to a vampire." There is no way Desmond was getting between her son and his soulmate, it would be impossible anyway, their connection would not allow it.

"Yes but, he doesn't belong in a Vampire family," Desmond looked back to Oliver, the person who he has grown to love and hate. "You don't belong with him." Pointing at Vinny only made the situation worse.

Duke started to see the anger growing in his son's eyes. Vinny is a protective person and the Alpha knew he was extremely protective over his soulmate.

"Desmond, you can't be with me. I'm Vinny's soulmate and I will be for the rest of my life. It doesn't matter how you feel, nothing will change that."

"Oliver, you're eighteen. You have your whole life ahead of you, don't waste it with this monster." Desmond was beginning to step over the line.

"Don't call him that." Oliver frowned and Vinny's heart filled up with pride. Yet, the anger overpowered it in an instant.

Desmond knew he wasn't getting through to him. He wasn't sure what he expected but there was something he has wanted to do for a long time, and now felt like his only opportunity. He let out a breath and stared into Oliver's eyes. His heart was overruling his head to dangerous levels.

Nobody saw it coming, nobody thought he would do this in front of the Master. But with no time to waste, he stepped forwards and crashed his lips against the vampire's soulmate.

Oliver's eyes widened, trying to pull his head back but Desmond was holding onto it.

This was so wrong, it wasn't Vinny.

He brought his hands up and forcefully pushed Desmond away, making him stumble. How could he possibly feel like he had the right to kiss him?

Now, it was Vinny's turn to lose his anger like he has wanted to do for ages.

Before anyone could react, he stepped in front of his soulmate. Desmond gasped when sharp fangs were exposed and red eyes were raging. He flinched when Vinny lifted his fist, pushed it through the air and made hard contact with his jaw.