Chapter 79

"Vinny, guess the correct number of how many people are in this room," Oliver slurred while he sat next to Vinny at the table.

Duke and Madison stopped talking to listen to their conversation.

"Um..." Vinny looked around and frowned. Everything was spinning. "Twenty?"

Oliver hesitated. The room was still full of about one hundred guests. "Nope. More."

Vinny raised his eyebrows and blinked slowly. It was safe to say that they were both incredibly drunk. "Oh," he hummed half-heartedly. "fifteen?"

Oliver stared blankly as Duke and Madison burst into fits of laughter. "No, I'll give you a hint," he said before leaning close. "It's more than twenty."

Vinny laughed, which was like velvet running over Oliver's ears.

"Vinny," Duke interrupted, making his son stare like he hadn't seen his dad in years.

"Where did you come from?" he asked in surprise.

"Yeah, can Vampires do that?" Oliver asked in shock.

Madison couldn't hold back her joy. The boys had no idea what was going on.

"Would anyone like a drink?" a waitress asked, holding a tray with a selection of drinks.

Vinny picked up whatever was closest to him, which was a shot of a cherry flavoured Vodka. He gulped it before Duke had the time to stop him.

"Could you bring some water over please?" Duke asked as Vinny connected his fingers and smiled widely at Oliver.

"Vinny? Did I, Did I ever tell you that I love it when you do that?" Oliver asked, resting a hand on his soulmates shoulder to stop himself from falling off the stool.

"No? Wait, do what?" Vinny asked. "Oh, when I do this?" He gave Oliver a very clumsy kiss.

Oliver fell into him and gladly kissed back. "Yes," Oliver muffled into his face and pressed a hand on Vinny's thigh to steady himself.

Vinny looked down, and Madison saw something change in his eyes. The boys started to feel affection rising in their chests, along with other combined emotions.

"I love you," Vinny said and crushed Oliver's body in-between his legs.

"No, I love you more," Oliver slurred, letting Vinny hold him up because apparently, his legs didn't work anymore.

"Mum, Oliver is such a liar," Vinny whined.

"What in the world are you saying?" Oliver dropped his head onto Vinny's shoulder. Vinny closed his eyes and rubbed Oliver's back.

"Let's go for a walk," Vinny said. When Oliver lifted his head, his eyes were half open. It was almost half one in the morning.

"Amazing," the human mumbled before standing up and stumbling.

"Boys, only stay in this room okay?" Madison asked.

"Yes, mum," Oliver grinned.

A lump formed in Madison's throat, but she kept her calm and grinned back.

"You can't steal my mother," Vinny slurred and stood up too.

Oliver ignored him and linked their arms. "To the window!" he yelled like it was some grand adventure.

Vinny got equally as excited, and they stumbled their way through the crowd of drunken vampires. Madison and Duke remained at the table, but their eyes didn't wander.